Wednesday 31 March 2010

Kelli Knack







In her series of pictures "My Escape" Los Angeles photographer, Kelli Knack photographs the central and northern California coast at low tide. “Low tide is most revealing, a sort of nature’s Pandora’s Box. Every time the water retreats, new secrets are revealed, and like unearthed fingerprints, every low tide is unique.”

“The series was born out of a desire to reconnect with myself. It is easy for a landscape photographer to take pictures of pretty things, defining the world around us, instead of the world within us. Trapped within that realm and desperate for a change, I left for the coast, I escaped to the one place I could go where I could truly be myself.”

“I have fallen in love with the ocean. Something that will never know about my existence, something that will never love me back.”
http://www.kelliknack.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment